Petrology, Geochemistry, Geothermics
Within this group, faculty members and students are working on a broad range of projects both locally and globally addressing questions on diverse aspects of petrology and geochemistry. With excellent research facilities, the experimental deformation of rocks and minerals at high temperature and pressure invites a broad range of research questions.
- Composition and oxidation state of igneous rocks from mid-ocean ridge, ocean island, and island arc volcanism
- Mechanism and condition of growth of metamorphic diamonds from ultra-high pressure felsic gneisses
- Experimental modeling of the ultra-deep metamorphic process and mineral phase transformation utilizing multianvil apparatus
- Decompression microstructures in rocks subjected to ultra-high pressure metamorphism
- Geochemistry of a High-level Nuclear Waste repository in Japan